src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Brown or Blue?

Our little guy is officially 7 weeks today! Time is going by fast. JT is growing so quickly and getting nice and chubby. He will go at the beginning of August for his next Dr. visit and shots :( We have weighed him here at home and he is about 11 1/2 pounds. Sleep is still a slow progress, but improving every week. He is more awake during the day and has more of catnaps and has several strings of 3 1/2 to 4 hour stretches during the night. He usually goes down around 10pm and usually gets up for the day between 8 and 9 am. Much better than the 2 hour stretches we were having just a few weeks ago. I can say I am longing for the first full night of sleep or a good 6 hour stretch :) Sleep is a dear friend I miss. It will return though in time.


The title of this posting is about what color John Thomas' eyes will turn out to be. According to what I have read, babies eye color usually turns to its official color by 12 weeks of age. So JT is a little over 1/2 way there. I have brown and John has green/hazel. All of the girls have brown, but there is a chance I carry the "blue" gene thanks to grandparents on both sides with blue eyes. Courtney held out the longest with green/hazel eyes for several months, but eventually turned brown. JT's eyes have held a very distinct blue color from about 1-2 weeks without a hint of brown yet. When my Mom was here she said his eyes reminded her of her mother's eyes- big bright blues. So I thought I would share a picture that shows JT with his big blues that he has-for now. Will they stay? Time will tell.....






1 comment: