src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lucky Number 7



Every month I am amazed at how old JT is and how big he is getting. I don't know why, I know how to count and I have done this 3 times already. I think that God has given me the gift of appreciation of this time of babyhood by having JT much later after Courtney. I know for certainty how fast these years go by, how they grow up and mature. I can't imagine how my Mom must feel having an adult daughter who now has kids of her own-one day I pray I will be able to reflect on that same thing.




Anyhow, on to the big boy- 7 months old now! JT is now the proud owner of 4 teeth- 2 on top and 2 on bottom. One thing he has loved doing since his upper teeth broke through is this type of grinding/gritting of the 4 teeth. Imagine biting those teeth together and then making an awful sound- to me it's worse than nails on a blackboard. Well, my son loves doing that several times a day! He must know it gives me the chills and has fun tormenting me in a small way already :)





JT continues to not be a big fan of veggies of any kind now. It started with just the green ones, but is now starting to progress to most of them. I can usually get down about 1/2 a jar pretty well, but then he starts protesting. What I have found to work is kind of trick him by getting some fruit on top of the veggie. So he tastes more of the sweetness that he loves, but still getting the needed veggies. His personal favorite is banana. I craved these so much when I was pregnant, so maybe this is being passed on to him now that he's out in the world.


We are beginning to see the early stages of crawling now. I know that I have the post with JT moving and we continue to see more of that everyday. What he does is get on his hands and knees and rock for a bit. Then he gets into a plank type position, on his toes and then kind of shoves off with his legs to move forward. Sometimes, he even manages to get his foot flat on the floor with his butt high in the air, that kind of scares me since he's not the most stable yet.


In addition to moving around, JT can't seem to get enough of standing up! I'm telling you we are going to have a mini person just walking about the house before too long at this rate! JT loves to stand on our laps and also on the couch and then chew on it.


Lastly, it looks like JT is going to have blue/green eyes. His eye color changes depending on what he wears, the day of the week, heck I don't know! I'm just used to having brown everyday of the week :) Here's a good snapshot showing his non-brown eyes.























No comments:

Post a Comment