src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Monday, March 28, 2011

Wake Up Call

For those of you viewing this, you are aware of what happened over the weekend on the blog. Without being graphic, lets just say some random person decided to write some sexually charged, predatory comments in reference to an older post.

I was surprised, angry, sick to my stomach, and felt a call to action. I am not going to expose my children, any of my friends and their children, or any of my Small Group girls who I have all posted about be exposed to predators such as this. That was why John and I decided to make our site private, invitation only, to those we know and love.

I do want to let you all know and recommend something I was so happy that I did prior to this comment that has really helped. I put on a free site meter on the blog. It basically tracks who, what, where, and when those who visit your website/blog. For the free version, which I use, you don't get as many bells and whistles, but it serves its purpose. Go here to get your free site meter: http://www.sitemeter.com/

After doing a bit of searching, I discovered that I might be able to track down who wrote the comment and possibly report them to the authorities! I did some digging and located some specific information about the person who wrote what they did. I did need to email sitemeter.com to request the full IP address (free version only provides partial), but when they read why I needed it, they quickly provided the full IP address!!!

So I have now filed a local police report as well as one to the FBI(as directed by my local police). My hope is that this person is held accountable as I believe that they are more than likely preying on others based on what I read on my blog this morning.

Please friends and family, think twice about the type of photos and videos you post on your websites, Facebook, and blogs. Do everything you can to protect the innocent lives God entrusted us to as parents.

Much love to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment