src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Monday, January 17, 2011

New House

     A little over a week ago, we moved. We are so excited for our move and couldn't be happier! Probably the only drawback is that we are no longer in our desired middle/high school zone, but we are going to ask for a transfer. From what we have been told, it shouldn't be very difficult to get- fingers crossed/praying for that to be true!

     With our move, there have been many changes for our household. I have had a fun time noticing how JT has reacted to his new environment. He has done quite well considering he is quite aware of new things. I think just having a consistent schedule (after the initial move day) and all of the people/things he knows and loves nearby have helped with this transition.

     However, there have been some notable things that JT has observed/showcased this week. Here is a summary of new things from his point of view...


One of the new details that JT enjoys at our new home is the lower window's. As you can see here, it is the perfect place for cars and trucks to be played with! JT and Finn play for extended periods going from window to window, lining up the cars, racing them, and sometimes crashing them!




 Another new feature are the vents that are on the floor on the main level. This is a first for all of us- in California vents are always up high, so this is a fun change. Where the boys like to play is right over a vent as you can see below- LOVE the wind blown effect on their hair!!! Ha ha ha!!!


Our new place is a two story, another family first (expect our brief stint in a townhouse over 13 years ago). JT loves this ledge at the bottom of the stairs that serves as a perfect ramp for his cars.


With that 2nd level comes STAIRS!!! JT now says stairs when he wants to head up and is even saying "stairs" as I sit here typing with him by my side. For safety sake, we have 2 baby gates at the top and bottom of the stairs. JT is far too curious and physically able to cause worry, so this will ease some of our stairs worry for a bit.
 JT showing off his great climbing ability...
Making sure Mom is watching him climb up...
 Climbing with his football "Taggie" on the way up to bed.
This by far is one of my favorite pictures of the week! I had to run upstairs to grab something quick so I left JT and Finn downstairs in perfect safety, gate locked. Neither boy was happy with that and when I came down, I was greeted with these unhappy faces! I was so happy to snap this on my cell phone and perfectly capture this moment...


This little gadget became my nemesis for the week. A simple level doorknob, what can this little object do? Well, let me tell you! It can't do anything, but it sure provides easy access for my curious 19 month old to places he shouldn't be! Namely the pantry, laundry room, and the downstairs 1/2 bath.

I didn't take pictures of JT in the bathroom, but let me tell you that boy is quick and gross! I found JT on several occasions in the bathroom swishing his hand happily in the toilet and in process attempt to lick the wet hand!!! EWWWW!!! It only took 1 time for John to witness this for some action to take place.

While I didn't take pictures of the bathroom, I did get a few when he busted into the pantry. JT quickly figured out that there are yummy things stored in this place. I love the look of guilt I captured below...
 This is what he was after... marshmallows!

 Here is the solution my awesome husband installed this weekend!!! Knobs!!! It provides a wonderful, yet temporary, way to keep JT out of places he doesn't need to be.

     We are still in the process of unpacking and getting fully settled in our new home. I'm sure there will be more things to reveal as we make our house a home.

1 comment: