src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Skate Party

     This past Sunday, our Small Group of 7th grade girls that my friend Erin and I teach together went to a skate party. The party was for the middle school Small Groups and aimed at helping raise money for Crazy Love, a special offering our church is doing.

     We decided to have a fun afternoon with our girls. We all went to Zaxby's for lunch and ate some great chicken and then headed over to the skating rink to have fun and hopefully not embarrass ourselves by falling down too many times. I was looking forward to skating but a bit nervous because it has been at least 15, if not 20 years since I last skated at a skating rink.

     We managed to not fall down too many times, and if we did we all helped each other out by lending a hand to get up with. I almost fell one time, but somehow regained my balance. I'm sure it was quite a sight to see though- Annabelle was right beside me when that happened so she had front row seats to the near fall :)

     It was a really fun afternoon and now that I know my skating abilities have not left me, maybe we can do this in the future as a family.

 Monica
 Kristina
 Check me out!
 Sydney, Annabelle, Samantha, and Monica
 Love Shelby laughing in  the background! We always have fun together :)



No comments:

Post a Comment