src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Friday, July 23, 2010

Simple Delights

I love looking at the world though JT's eyes. We can learn much from the simplicity childhood brings. Take time to smell the roses, delight each moment God gives us, and be joyful in all you do.

Earlier this week, JT and I had some joyful moments together. John was at the store with the girls and I decided to run to the grocery store to get a few things. When we checked out the bagger asked if JT would like to have a balloon. I responded yes please as JT LOVES balloons- he got his 1st one earlier this month and he squeals with excitement when he seems them now. So JT got a bright yellow balloon with a little yellow clip to put on his shirt and prevent it from flying away. JT's face lit up with joy with his new balloon.

When we got home and unpacked, I thought I would roll the trash can down since it was garbage night and JT likes being outside and walking down to the bridge. So JT walked beside me with his yellow balloon and his sippy cup filled with milk in hand- another thing he delights in drinking!





JT was having such a good time running up and down the driveway and through the grass I decided to grab the camera and endure the sweltering heat for my boy.Side note for you Californians, this is not Fresno dry heat, this is thick oppressive humid country here where humidity ranges from 40-70% depending on the time of day. Doesn't get at hot temperature wise- tops out right below 100- but man, it is intense! You start sweating a few moments after being outside and it doesn't evaporate because of the humidity. All the more reason to praise God for the invention of air conditioning!!! :)




Alright, sorry for the diversion. JT just had a ball exploring outside, grabbing chunks of grass bring them to me and then return them to the lawn where they belong. He also had a great time looking up at the chirping birds, hopping rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks in our yard.Yes, we have all of those critters living in our community!!! There was also some beautiful cloud formation above where it looked like God was hand painting swirls and streaks within the gray clouds above.




I am thankful for all my children, but I cherish moments like these where life slows down if you allow it.


No comments:

Post a Comment