src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Monday, April 18, 2011

Eggs

Our community held an Easter Egg hunt this past weekend! We were very excited to take JT out for his 1st official hunt that he could participate in. Last year, he was just starting to walk and he actually slept through the girls egg hunt on Easter morning. The Egg Hunt was open for children up to age 11, so both JT and Courtney participated.


JT was ready to go with his baseball basket!

Lined up with children 3 and younger for his area to hunt eggs!

JT did such a good job hunting! He would spot one and head straight for it, grab it, shake it, and then place it in his basket.



Sometimes, he preferred to hunt without his basket in tow, so Daddy held it for him.


Enjoying a piece of candy after his quest.

Courtney filled her basket up to the rim! She was so kind to share a "prize egg" with a younger child who lost theirs.

After hunting for eggs and eating chocolate, JT was ready to slide!!! This was the first time I heard him say slide. His language is really starting to explode- we love it!




After all of the egg hunts were completed, an egg toss competition was held. The 4 Apedaile ladies all took part while our men watched and took pictures.

It started off easy as pie...

It continued to get more challenging, though there were some pretty tough eggs that didn't so much as crack when they hit the grass!


Eventually the eggs got the best of Courtney and Lindsay. You can see Courtney's face as the egg busted in her hands. I believe they made it to the top 8- great job!

John captured a great egg in flight shot as Sarah and I were farther apart..

Here, Sarah is about to catch another toss.

This all lead up to Sarah and I being about 30-35 feet apart. You can see the egg about 4 feet above my head...

and the result.. landed splat on my hands, busted open, and completely drenching my face!!! Ahh yes, I was the first to get pummeled by an egg on their face!

Our girls are so sweet, they were by my side within seconds and offering me paper towels to help clean up.


For the sake of memories, I didn't completely wipe everything off until I had a few photos. It felt so gross, I must say. It was all over my hair, face, sunglasses, shirt,and arms.

Sorry about the sun glare, but you should be able to see the yolk down my left arm, on my face and I think some shell on my right upper cheek. My partner, Sarah, relieved it wasn't her :)

PS- Blogger is being blogger and not letting me upload any videos. I'll try to do it again tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment