src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Friday, April 26, 2013

Sidewalk Paint


     With wonderful, warm, sunny days in full bloom, outside time has increased dramatically. I found an idea to try for the kids that turned out to be a huge success.

 What can you create with corn starch, water, and food coloring?

 Mix equal parts of corn starch and water. I used a cup of each for my batch.Mix well.

 I poured the mixture into a muffin tin- I only had enough for 9 this time.

 Then use the food coloring to make whatever colors you desire. I was so excited with how beautiful the colors turned out. I used some of the mixture suggestions on the back of the box for some colors that weren't primary.

 We headed out with the foam brushes and plenty of clean cement on the patio.

 Instant success!

 As the mixture dried, the colors became more vibrant.


 Since the kids are young, much of the designs were random lines, circles, and mixing of colors. 

 JT focused on painting.

 Mason was happy to paint all around his body.

The kids absolutly loved this activity and we will be making some more sidewalk paint again very soon!

Mixed among the drawings, we managed to write "JT". I know, it's hard to see. The "J" is the partially wet red with the "t" jammed right next to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment