src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Burlap Wreath

     It has been 2 years since I was bitten by the Pinterest bug and made my first wreath. Since then, I have made a wreath for every season and I believe 2 Holiday wreaths (Christmas and American Flag). I've been wanting to make another wreath for a while and I decided to make a new wreath for my favorite time of year- Fall!!!

I have pinned several burlap wreaths on my Pinterest and I thought it was best suited for the fall season. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought all of my supplies. Wire wreath form, two rolls of burlap ribbon, floral wire, and a few autumn colored floral decorations.

I followed the step by step instructions I had found and started with weaving the wire through the burlap, then twisting it to the wreath form.

This is the part that is simple, yet tricky. I used the directions that seemed to be the most simple (less things to cut and tie off). All I had to do wad weave the burlap under and over the wire form. The tricky part was to leave loops in the each of the sections and keep the weaving closed together as you continued weaving.

I ended up playing a bit with the weaving technique and the tightness until I was happy with how it was progressing. I think I started over 3 times before I was convinced I was heading in the right direction. After that trial and error, it took me less than an hour to complete the burlap.

Note to self- burlap is pretty messy!

There was burlap lint everywhere! I wanted to vacuum the dining room anyhow.

After the wreath was finished, I jazzed it up with these pretty fall berries and leaves. I didn't take photos, but I used a wire cutter to cut off small sections of the branches and arranged them on the wreath. I secured them on the wreath with some more floral wire.

The finished project! I was pretty pleased with the outcome. I might try for a fuller effect next time.

The Apedaile6 front door is ready to welcome our guests and Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment