src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Monday, June 13, 2011

Bye Bye Crib

The day finally arrived that we had to say goodbye to JT's crib. Late last week I noticed JT trying to lift himself up on the edge of the crib. Since he is pretty tall, we were worried that he would flip out and get hurt. It was time to convert the crib into a toddler bed.


 Here is JT's "new" bed. We talked it up, got excited with him, and let JT play around in his new room before nap time. All of his favorite things were waiting for JT- Dog pillow pet, Taggies, Cailliou doll, and a blanket.

 Here is our big boy ready for nap! Earlier in the morning we had gone to the pool for a few hours, played hard, ate a filling lunch, and Mommy read books and sang songs before bed. JT would be SO ready for a great nap..... I decided to sit upstairs near his room in case he tried to escape his room with his available freedom. He only tried to open the door once, however it wasn't too long before I heard some noise.

JT wasn't sure what to do during nap with being able to get down from his bed. So he decided to pull out his storage drawer and get some more blankets out...

Then a while later I discovered JT brought several books back to bed. He was doing a good job at returning back to his bed, but still no sleep...

I went to peek on him after being in his room for an hour. My view as I opened the door to his room. The way JT looked at me while holding his book made me chuckle. I was thinking JT would read a bit more and surely fall asleep anytime... This is a regular 2-3 hour nap kid- he loves his sleep!

During another check I heard it was pretty quiet before opening the door.
 "Success!", I thought. Upon opening the door this is what I saw.. Messy bed area but no JT...

I step into the room and here I find him. He had made quite the mess in selecting the perfect book to read in the glider. Note that the room isn't dark. That wasn't from using a flash on the camera- JT also happened to learn that he is just tall enough to reach the light switches. So he had the lights on for easier "reading". JT ended up not napping  that day. Thankfully going to bed that evening was a lot smoother than nap time. I'm sure being exhausted helped more than anything.

Night night JT....

We found him in some unusual positions during the night...

In the morning he was curled up in a little ball with his feet on his pillow pet. He slept very well that night. The next day we didn't have a successful nap again for day 2. Here's to hoping Day 3 will bring nap time success...

1 comment: