src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Pinterest Craft

     Pinterest is a place to get ideas and inspiration for your home, kitchen, children, work, and life. This past weekend I made my first creation- an Autumn Wreath. I was able to get my supplies from the local craft store and Dollar Tree for about $8! I was very excited to create something on a low budget- I already had the hot glue gun and glue sticks, so that would be something you would need to purchase before making this wreath.

 Fall Inspired Colors- You would only need 1 bag of leaves, but I wanted a couple of different colors. The ribbon I chose was different than the burlap that was in the original project. These 2 were similar in texture to burlap and I liked the extra pop of color it would provide in the wreath.

 A grapevine wreath in which to make my creation.

 I forgot to take a picture of the "A" before I blinged it out. It was a simple wood letter bought at the craft store and I painted it with some of the paints I use with JT and added some glitter glue for an extra pop. One of my favorite parts of the project since it's personal for each family.

 Courtney took some photos while I was working. First I made loops out of the ribbon.

 After the loops are made, you glue the ribbon loops and layer the leaves over one another working from the outside in.


 Once you work you way down to the middle, I made a little "bed" for the letter to be glued onto.

 My completed wreath!!!

Happy Fall from the Apedaile's!

No comments:

Post a Comment