src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Wreath

     A bit late to officially greet the start of the summer, but I completed my summer wreath this week. Lindsay helped me from start to finish on this cheery piece. I'm excited to say I now have one wreath for each season in addition to my Christmas wreath I have made since diving into Pinterest last year.

 I looked for a different style of wreath to make for the summer so each of the seasons have a different look and feel. I decided to use this wire form to help create a fabric rag wreath.

 Since I'm not a sewer with scrap fabric laying around, I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some colorful, happy, summery prints.

 In addition to the printed fabric, I chose a few solid colors to balance out the wreath.

 The most tedious part of this project- cutting the fabric into 10-12 inch strips. It took Lindsay and I a good 2 hours to do all of this. We also made thicker and thinner strips for added variety in the wreath.

 After the strips were cut, it was quite easy. All we did was tie a simple knots, and vary the prints and soild fabric. The best tip I had read was to keep pushing the fabric close so its dense. 

 Here is the back of the wreath- you can tell how many strips were used and how close they were bunched together.

 The finished result! Summer fabric rag wreath.

I love how happy and bright this wreath looks as it greets family and friends.
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment