src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Photo Canvas Project- Part 1

     A few weekends ago, I embarked on my largest Pinterest project to date and on this past Sunday, we completed it! I couldn't be more thrilled with the final result and I'm so excited to share the process with you. The project was a photo wall with several do it yourself photo canvases.

 A shot of all of the supplies for the project- canvases of all sizes, photos I had ordered from Shutterfly, black acrylic paint, Mod Podge- matte finish, Sticker Letters, ruler, and foam brushes.

 Shot of the supplies that are in the back of the first photo- the smaller canvases. In all we had 1- 20x30, 
 4- 11x14, and 18-5x7's.

Part of the project was on the large canvas was to have our name painted on the bottom center. This was the practice run on some paper so I could make sure the result on the canvas was perfect.


 I had a supportive and captive audience of the entire family as I worked on the project. John was the photographer.

 After measuring and centering, the letters were ready to be placed. Wanted to have some fun and use the "Apedaile 6"  that we have lovingly adopted as our family nickname.

 JT watched as I painted over the letters. You will see the result in just a few moments.

 Due to some minor issues with cropping of our large photo, I got creative and painted out a black frame around the edge of the canvas.

 After all of the black paint dried, it was time to get the photo on! All you have to do is put a thin later of Mod Podge on the canvas and then also on the back of the photo. Then carefully place the photo on your canvas.

 As the photo dried on the canvas, it was time to take the letter stickers off. I used an exacto knife to be safe of the removal.

 As I peeled them off, it was exactly as I was envisioning. The white canvas color really pops through with the Apedaile 6. Yes, I purposely cropped out the photo for a reveal in another blog post ;)

 To continue the process of the canvas project I will use one of the 5x7's to share the process. After everything is dried ( black edging and first Mod Podge application), you paint a thin layer of Mod Podge over the entire photo. It will look very milky at first, no worries it will dry perfect.

After it dries, this is the result- clear, matte finish, photo canvas that is ready to be hung! Love this winking cutie!

More to come! Hope you are as excited as I was about the final result!

No comments:

Post a Comment