src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Treats

     This past week, I've been MIA from the blog and in life in general. For good reason though- John and I just returned from a 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean in celebration of our upcoming 19th anniversary. Be on the lookout for some posts about our adventures very soon.

     John and I returned home last Saturday- 1 day after my birthday and 1 day prior to Mother's Day. We were greeted with excited faces and lots of surprises for me. I tried to hold off on receiving anything until Sunday, but the kids were insistent upon sharing them immediately.



The first thing I saw was our chalk wall which was filled with Happy Birthday, Welcome Home, and Mother's Day wishes. I loved seeing the countdown they had below to help JT understand when  Mom and Dad would be back home.


Then I had lots of homemade cards from each child. Here are JT's creations. On his hand print it says, "I love you because...."  it included things such as going on bike rides, going to the store- like Wal-Mart and Kroger, and because I love you. Very sweet.


Then I saw a beautiful creation that each person had a hand in- a personal cake made for me. The girls also made marshmallow fondant for the first time and did a great job of decorating the cake with beautiful purple flowers.

The salmon color ribbon along the bottom was "worms" as JT described it. Apparently, he wanted these worms all over the top and near the stems and flowers. His sisters were able to convince him that the worms needed to be along the bottom ;)


JT did however make these leaves and we were all impressed with how well he formed them. The girls have been talking about how much fun it was to make and decorate with the fondant, so I'm sure there will be more sweet creations coming from them this summer. 


The surprises weren't over yet! There were 2 gifts to open and they contained things I enjoy. New music and a movie! I have already rocked out to the new Justin Timberlake CD and plan to watch the movie with the girls very soon.

Thank you to my fantastic girls and little boy. You sure know how to make a Mom feel special and spoiled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment