src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Friday, December 24, 2010

O' Christmas Tree

   This year we have a tree like no other- our tree has ornaments on only the top half. Call me what you want, but I know my son- either the bottom half of the ornaments would have either ended up broken or removed daily by JT, or I would have been Queen Scrooge from having to look after JT and the tree. Now that the tree is up, I can easily say we made the right choice. JT can reach some pretty high hung ornaments and is squawking to get those out of reach.


To get JT in the Christmas spirit, the girls put this Santa hat on JT-Cutie.
The girls decorating.

JT was busy playing while we decorated and when he saw the finished product, all JT said was "WOW!" I love the simplicity, awe, and joy the season brings to children.

Sarah helping JT hang an ornament on the tree.

Wait!!! What is it that I see??

JT spotted a Barney ornament and just had to hold it. He was so excited!!!

Each year, the girls take turns placing the topper on the tree. Sarah passed up her turn a few years ago so she would be able to place the topper during her Senior year.
Perfect!
This is my favorite ornament. It resembles the church John and I were married in nearly 17 years ago in Yosemite.

Here is a picture of a photo we have of the church we were married in so you can see the similarities. I love this photo- simple and beautiful.
Our four babies by the tree!!!
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment