src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving- The Dessert

     Yes, dessert deserved it's own post this year. We changed things up big time at the Apedaile house. There was not 1 single double layer pumpkin pie made. Almost a travesty I say. It's something that both John and I love to eat, yet non of our children enjoy it like we do (There is still hope in JT though!)

     Since diving into the Pinterest world, I discovered something that looked almost sinful. Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect time to try it out- all of the girls had been drooling over the thought of making this dessert. The name says it all- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n' Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar. Do I have your attention?

 Looking more like Betty Crocker wearing my apron.

 My main assistant Lindsay

 The first layer is chocolate chip cookies

 Line a 13x9 pan with wax paper(easier cleanup) and arrange the cookie dough like making a cookie bar

 Second layer- Oreos, double stuffed. Had lots of helping hands in this step.

 Final step- prepare brownie mix according to direction. Little man wanted to be a big helper with this step.

 Mixing it all up very well...

 Super sweet!

 JT LOVED stirring the mix!

 Courtney had the honor of pouring the brownie batter over the 2 layers.

 Man oh Man!

How I served it- with Vanilla ice cream. It was Delicious!!!

     If you are interested in making this dessert, here is the site I got my recipe from-http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/new-recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookie-n-oreo-fudge-brownie-bar.html

No comments:

Post a Comment