src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Monday, August 20, 2012

Writing his name

     Part of what I love staying/working at home is being able to witness and help JT (and his friends I babysit) with his early educational/enrichment skills. I strive to regularly work with colors, shapes, letters, numbers, and basic concepts appropriate for 2-3 year olds.

     JT, Finn, and I have been working on letters for some time now. We have a weekly letter that we talk about, trace, and strive to learn to identify. This past week, the boys did their letter and proceeded to color on the back of the paper.

     I decided to try and show JT how to draw his name. So I just drew each letter explaining how to "swoop/hook" the J and how we make the strait lines for T and the top of J. Low and behold JT did a fantastic job drawing his own name!!!!


 Look at the middle of the page and you can see JT written in pink- that is JT's own doing! My examples are in the upper left/right corners. I was tickled pink!!!

Here is another attempt and I will admit the lower hook part of the J (right side) had some guided assistance but everything else was all done solo.

     I will admit that teaching JT to spell/write his name at this stage is a bit easier than most. All he has is 2 letters! As he gets older, I will teach his full name, but for now I'm claiming victory for my little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment