src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Monday, August 9, 2010

First Boo Boo

I find it kind of funny/ironic that JT had his first broken bone before his first boo boo. Regardless, JT received his first scratch on his knee from falling this weekend.

The kids and I were wrapping up our back to school shopping during the tax free weekend. During one of our stops, John called me to see how everything was going. My hard working hubby had to work Saturday, so that's why he wasn't there for all the fun. Anyhow, I decided to let JT walk outside the front of the store to burn off some energy while the girls began to browse inside. JT was loving running up and down the long sidewalk and going up and down the two stairs nearby. At one point JT stumbled and started to fall and I thought I caught his arm before he hit the sidewalk.

Once I was done talking to John, we joined the girls inside. I was carrying JT on my hip and then all of a sudden Lindsay asks Why is JT bleeding? I look down to where she is pointing and sure enough, JT has a scraped knee! JT never let a peep out and I didn't notice right away because when standing, his shorts fall over his knees. I felt so bad I didn't see it. So I cleaned him up with a baby wipe and once we got home I properly washed it up and put neosporin and a band aid on his knee. The band aid didn't last long, because they are far more interesting to pull off and hold than keep a boo boo covered. I'm sure this is just the start of scraped knees and banged up elbows with my all boy baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment