src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Friday, May 11, 2012

Birthday Blessings part 1

     Yesterday marked another birthday for myself. Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm nearing 40- just 2 short years away now. When I was younger, I remember thinking that time was dragging by and as an adult, it feels more like a flash.

     My day yesterday was filled with wonderful Happy Birthday wishes on Facebook and calls and texts from friends and family. I also received a few gifts from some special people.


 These beautiful gerbera daisies greeted me when I came downstairs to exercise at 5:30am. John had left them along with a sweet card to start my day.

 One of the little boys I care for, Mason, brought a gift for me to open.

 A decorative lantern! Lots of options for use and placement :)

 LOVE this shot! Mason was being so cute with his surprised expression.

 Miss Ella also brought a gift for me as well!

 2 of my favorite things- shower gel from Bath and Body Works and a scented candle! There was also a wonderful Women's Devotional book, but we were using that as the "bait" to get Ella to look at the camera.

My day ended with getting some unexpected flowers delivered from my Aunt Cathy! Beautiful 100 blooms bouquet- they were still a bit closed upon arrival, but are starting to open up now. I'll post some pics with Birthday Part 2 post.

     Since Thursday was volleyball night for John and the girls, we decided to hold off on my birthday dinner and cake over the weekend. Looking forward to that and will post photos after that part of the celebration. Thank you to all that helped make my birthday a very special day. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment