src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Heading to NY

     This past weekend, John and I had a little getaway. He has been traveling a ton with work in the recent months and everything lined up for this trip. John has been working in Pennsylvania and he suggested that during one of the weekends I come up to join him in Pa and we would drive in to New York City. Sounded like a fantastic idea and we made plans for our trip. 

Since I was meeting John, I flew out Friday morning. My first solo flight in addition to the furthest north I have ever traveled. A window seat is a must for me- I love looking down and watching the sights below.

Since I just used my camera phone, I wasn't able to capture the beauty of the fall colors on our ascent/descent. It was one of the most beautiful sights of display of changing trees I have ever seen.
Here, some mountain ranges that we flew over. I'm guessing somewhere in Virginia perhaps?

Heading down toward Philadelphia.

A great view of Philadelphia's skyline as we landed at the airport.

After John picked me up, we headed further north to New York. Passed the stadiums for the Phillies and Eagles.

Most of the drive was on the New Jersey Turnpike. I also discovered just how many toll roads and bridges there are on the East Coast. TONS! I think the drive on the Turnpike cost around $11. 

Our view of the city as we got closer.

We made our way into the city through the Lincoln Tunnel. 

Awesome to think of how we were going under Hudson River. It's about 1.5 miles long.

After navigating some streets, we had arrived in New York City!

Lights, massive buildings, and people everywhere!

John did a great job getting us to our hotel with the help of our GPS system. Looking forward to sharing more photos of our adventures in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment