src="http://s49.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s49apedaile" />

Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Mums

     Since I have my beautiful Fall Wreath on the door that I made last year, I started thinking about how I could add a bit more fall decor to our front porch. I decided to make some Pumpkin Mums! Another Pinterest idea, though I'm sure crafty Momma's have been doing this for ages.

 Here are the Mums I purchased. The orange/yellow guys were more sparse than the beautiful red variety.

 John even was involved in this project! He cut off the tops for me, one of his specialties ;)

 4 pumpkins ready to gut!

 Lindsay helped me out with this part. Somehow, I think we are the only 2 that don't mind scraping out pumpkin guts.

 All gutted and ready to plant!

 Courtney joined us for this part- no yucky pumpkin guts to deal with.

 We placed some potting soil in first.*Tip- we placed the pumpkins in our flower bed so when (not if) the potting soil spilled, it would just be in a place where we didn't have to clean it up.

 Taking the flower out of the pot. Don't forget to break up the roots a bit before replanting! Then fill in the pumpkin with any needed remaining soil.

The finished project! Love it! We placed the reds at the top of the stairs near our front door and the yellows near the next pillars on the front porch. Here's hoping my black thumb doesn't kick in for about 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment